Donate to the Library
The library accepts donations to support our collection and our special projects. Donations of books, movies, music, and audiobooks are always welcome and appreciated! Even if your donated item cannot be added to the collection (for instance, because we already own a copy), we set aside those items for the Friends of the Library Book Sale, the proceeds of which support the library's collection development budget to help us buy new materials. There are plenty of other items we are looking for too if you would like to support the library in another way.
The Hortonville Public Library is currently accepting donations of:
- Unopened boxes of K-cups for patron use.
- Unopened boxes of tea bags, single-serving hot chocolate packets, and single-serving apple cider packets for patron use.
- Plastic storage totes for storing our book sale books.
- Crafting supplies for our hands-on programs.
- Legos to support the creation of a regular Lego group.
- 500-1500 piece puzzles for patron use and to support the creation of a puzzle group.
- Easy to maintain indoor plants.
We have several special projects in the works too! If you are interested in helping to sponsor any of these projects, please contact the Friends of the Hortonville Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support is instrumental in sponsoring the materials and extra staff time necessary to accomplish these goals.
- Installing decorative sound-dampening acoustical tiles on the walls and ceiling of the library.
- Expanding the trail system behind the library and planting local flora, including a butterfly garden.
- Establishing a drop-box for library materials in Greenville built by Polar Bear Enterprises.
- Preserving electronic copies of historical documents owned by the library and preparing original copies for public use.